Wednesday, September 24, 2014

HISD Offers Yoga in 12 Schools

As a certified yoga instructor who'd jump at the opportunity to teach yoga to children, this is amazing news!

In the past, I've blogged about teaching teen girls here, and I've also expressed my desire to teach yoga to children on my How & Why I Became a Yogini page

On September 23, 2014, the Houston area newspapers and news channels featured stories about the Houston Independent School District bringing yoga into a dozen schools. The benefits of yoga in schools are endless. Really. All I can say is...


I am able.
I am willing.
I am ready!

Here are just a couple of the articles published yesterday, Sept. 23, 2014. Way to go, HISD! 

HISD Hopes Yoga Classes Will Boost Students' Health (Houston Chronicle)

HISD Offering Yoga at 12 Schools (KPRC Ch. 2)

The Sonima Foundation is the California based foundation who helped fund the wellness program with HISD.

Bent On Learning is another non-profit organization based in New York who also assists schools bringing yoga to the classrooms.

Bent On Learning will be one of the presenters on Sept 27 at the first annual National Kid's Yoga Conference.

Good stuff is happening, folks!

~Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment