Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teaching Kiddos the Eagle Pose

Young people love the challenge of bending their bodies into the extreme balancing position of Eagle. I have to admit, it's one of my favorites as well. Their bodies are flexible, and they can do amazing things at this age. They're like human rubber bands. 

Balancing postures, such as Eagle, not only challenge our bodies, but it also challenges our minds. Perched on one foot, with the opposite leg twisted and tucked around the grounded foot, you intertwine your arms, all during a squat, it is a test of your mind, body and spirit. 


The two goofy teens laughed and giggled at each other as we pretzeled our bodies. I can say goofy because one of them is my youngest child. I think the six year old was a better student compared to the older two.


I'm hoping to have a teen / tween yoga camp the second week of August this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment